We all know Sin City is epic. You can let off steam in the clubs, splash around at the pool parties and spend the night in top casinos. With so much going on, it's no surprise that Vegas is home to some of the coolest bars ever!
There are places where you can sip cocktails in sub-zero temperatures, relax with a whiskey by the campfire, or get your game on with a game of giant beer pong.
If you are looking for a “good vibes only” bar, look no further! Here's your ultimate guide to the coolest bars in Las Vegas.
1. Minus 5 Ice Bar, South and Median Strips
The coolest bar in Vegas (literally!) isMinus 5 Eisbar. With locations at the Mandala Bay Resort, the Venetian and the Linq Promenade, this bar can't be missed! When they say everything is made of ice, they really mean everything! The walls, chairs, bar and even your drinking glass will freeze.
For just $50, you get entry to the Sub-Zero bar, a warm jacket, gloves, and two ice-cold cocktails. Or you can skip the cocktails for only $25. This place is perfect to visit for a special occasion. Make sure yoursBook your ticketsin advance!
- Price range:Beer (infused with coffee) for $7, cocktails for $10 and liquor for $5
- Particularities:$5 Birthday Shots!
- What is it best for:A unique and *cool* experience in Vegas!
- The atmosphere:Funny and entertaining
2. Peppermill Fireside Lounge, North Strip
Voted the most romantic bar in Vegas, the Peppermill Fireside Lounge is one of the coolest spots in Sin City! Its vibe is so good it's often used as a filming location, including films by Robert DeNiro and music videos by Adam Lambert. This neon lounge is cozy and relaxed, but always lively and full of great music.
If you get hungry, beware - the portions are huge! If you prefer to relax and sip a few drinks in stylish surroundings, there are nine different cocktails to choose from - including a very popular Key Lime Pie Martini.
- Price range:Beers for $8 and cocktails between $10 and $20
- Essen:Yes - breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Particularities:Daily Happy Hour between 3-6pm
- What is it best for:Drink by the campfire!
- The atmosphere:Cozy, upbeat and stylish
- Menu: https://www.peppermilllasvegas.com/menus
3. Gold Tip, downtown
Gold Spike is the coolest bar in downtown Vegas that's always ready to party! There is so much going on in this unique party house that you will never get bored. With great drinks, spacious lounges and a "playground" it has to be your top priority to visit when you're downtown!
Outside in the playground you'll find interactive and oversized games like giant beer pong, Twister, Lego - and much more! It will bring back childhood memories and be a fun night out with your friends. Even better, on Friday and Saturday nights, live bands perform in the backyard to energetic crowds.
If you are planning a big event, you can do thatBuchThe Sugar Shack or the Penthouse Suite (as featured in MTV's "The Real World") for guaranteed entertainment!
- Price range:Beer costs between $4-10
- What is it best for:Party downtown late into the night!
- The atmosphere:Energetic and refreshing
- Menu: https://goldspike.com/qr-menu/
4. Hofbrauhaus, Off Strip
Hofbräuhaus is one of the best bars in Sin City, serving classic Bavarian beers imported straight from Munich! Expect to sit at communal tables and make strangers friends in this lively pub venue.
Expect a fun atmosphere filled with beer pong, musical chairs and ski shots. At the weekend, MC Johann plays authentic Bavarian hits indoors with his huge alphorn.
The menu is full of classics - from potato pancakes and oven-fresh pretzels to pot roast and schnitzel. If you have the chance, visit this bar during Oktoberfest. With live music, barrels and competitions, it will be a night to remember forever!Make a reservation now.
- Price range:beer in between$7-17
- Essen:Yes - classic Bavarian dishes
- What is it best for:Socially drinking schnapps from a stone stein!
- The atmosphere:Excited and sociable
5. Frankie's Tiki Room, Off-Strip
If you love the idea of sipping cocktails in an exotic bamboo forest, you'll love Frankie's Tiki Room! The adorable decor is incredibly cool and sets the best mood for getting drunk. Once your eyes adjust to the darkness, you can eat, drink, smoke and gamble in the odd but enticing bar.
The Evil Cocktails are both wild and demonic. Expect deadly concoctions (with almost any drink paired with rum!) like you've never tried before. Even if there is no kitchen, you are welcome to order take-away if you get hungry.
- Price range:Cocktails for $8 (or for $20 cocktails you can keep the tiki-inspired cups they're served in!)
- Essen:No - but you can order pizza to take away
- What is it best for:A wicked and dark experience off the Strip!
- The atmosphere:Exotic and mischievous
- Menu: https://frankiestikiroom.com/menu/
6. Skyfall Lounge, South Strip
For a party in the clouds, the Skyfall Lounge offers one of the best views of the city! At the top of the 64th floor you will be treated to 180 degree views, soothing music and divine cocktails. The atmosphere is more "chill" than other drinking establishments, but that doesn't mean you won't find a DJ cranking up the volume the later it gets!
This stylish bar under the stars can only bepre booked(it gets crowded) and you want to eat something before your visit. The menu, while delicious, features only sweet and savory snacks.
- Price range:Beers range from $8 to $10, cocktails from $18 to $20, and wine by the glass from $14 to $29
- Essen:Yes – only sweet and savory snacks
- What is it best for:Chilling in the clouds with the best views!
- The atmosphere:Casual and sophisticated
7. Count’s Vamp’d, Off-Strip
For one of the coolest rock bars off the Vegas Strip, head to Count's Vamp'd! If you like rock 'n' roll, you'll love the live bands that sing the tunes on stage every weekend.
Since the bar was founded by Danny "Count" Koker of History's Counting Cars, it's no surprise that in 2021 you'll be meeting top performers like Tinnitus, Hell Mary, LA Guns and Y&T. Most shows are free, but some areTicket-only events.
If you stop by for a drink and a snack in the afternoon, expect an intimate atmosphere in the living room or on the outside terrace. Late at weekends you'll find a professional stage and banging sound system with some of the best rock band performances in town!
- Essen:Yes - snacks, burgers and desserts
- What is it best for:Watch live bands in concert style!
- The atmosphere:Rock 'n' Roll!
8. Ghost Donkey, South Strip
Assuming you can find it, the hidden oneghost donkeyburied deep in the Cosmopolitan is one of the coolest bars in Vegas! The legendary speakeasy serves some of the best cocktails and Mexican food (the black truffle nachos are a specialty!) in the most quaint of settings.
Expect sociable couches and minimal seating, with friendly bartenders and adventurous patrons. You won't be able to resist trying a tequila or mezcal (the choice of flavors is endless!).
- Price range:Cocktails for $17 and tequila/mezcals between $14 and $24
- Essen:Yes - Mexican cuisine
- What is it best for:Taste unique mezcal flavors in a mysterious setting!
- The atmosphere:fun and friendly
9. The Underground Speakeasy and Distillery, North Strip
Another secret bar in Vegas is The Underground,found in the mob museum. You'll feel like you've stepped back into the roaring twenties the moment you step foot inside! Just because it's a secret bar doesn't mean it's small.
This hidden shop can seat up to 120 guests and regularly hosts live jazz bands. If you're lucky enough to drop by on a night out with a band, get ready for the best time ever!
Established in Prohibition days, this pub can be difficult to find. You can either enter through the museum's basement or through a side door outside, where you have to enter a special password to get in. So the code changes weeklyCheck the sitebefore your visit!
In keeping with the whimsical and “secret” theme, the bartenders have plenty of clever tricks up their sleeve. They serve drinks in a 'mysterious' way, just like they did in the 1920's when drinking was banned! At one point you may be served a bottle hidden in a hollow book.
Another time you get your drink in a teacup. It's a clever touch and adds to the whimsical vibe!
- Price range:Beer between $6-7, cocktails between $10-14 and wine between $10-12
- Essen:Yes - only share plates
- Particularities:Craft cocktails, draft beer and wine are $2 off Sunday through Thursday between 5pm and 7pm
- What is it best for:Sip whiskey and listen to live jazz!
- The atmosphere:Fun, classy and full of energy
- Menu: https://themobmuseum.org/exhibit/the-speakeasy/menu/
10. Hair Salon Cuts
In case you haven't guessed, Sin City is full of hidden bars! One of the coolest joints in Vegas isBarbershop Cuts' secret bar. Enter through an unassuming caretaker's closet (in a real hair salon!) and you'll be greeted with comfy sofas and welcoming bartenders inviting you to sample some of the best whiskeys in town.
Their spiked juices (often brandy, whiskey, or bourbon) are a subtle nod to the Prohibition days. But the coolest thing about this bar is the live entertainment! Tuesday night iskaraoke timeand Wednesday through Sunday you'll find live bands setting the stage.
- Price range:Beers range from $8 to $10, shooters $16 and spiked juices $17
- Essen:Yes – table snacks and desserts
- What is it best for:Sip whiskey and get a fresh trim
- The atmosphere:Vintage and sociable!
- Menu: https://thebarbershoplv.com/menu-2/
- The 10 Best Speakeasy Bars in Las Vegas
- The 8 Best Sports Bars on the Las Vegas Strip
- 10 Cheapest Places to Drink in Las Vegas
- Fat Tuesday Vegas: locations, prices, opening hours
- The 10 best bars on Fremont Street
- The best tiki bars in Las Vegas